THE SERIOUS STICKS DIDJERIDU FORUM

WELCOME !
It is currently 21.11.2018, 11:47

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Chad Butler Didj FS!
PostPosted: 21.10.2012, 04:39 

Well I've hit on some hard times and I need to part with my beloved Chad Butler Didj. It is number 484 that Chad made and it is utterly amazing.

Here are some specs on the instrument

Key: G
Trumpet: G (One octave above)
Length: 56 inches
Volume: Insane (literally one of the loudest and fullest high pitched instruments I've owned, and I've owned some good ones)
Backpressure: The drone starts at about 50%, so I'd rate the back pressure as about medium high. Let's just say this is NOT a beginners instrument, it takes a decent level of skill to control it's intricacies.

Figure that's general enough for most of you guys, if you have specific questions let me know.

Pictures! and video too

What appears to be a crack in the one picture is just where the finish came apart a little bit from the split, it's only superficial and does not affect the playability at all, trust me I've gone over it with a fine tooth comb

And here's a video of me showing some of the tonal stuff, the microphone on the camera sucks

http://youtu.be/9a-2nIgUC_Q

Chad was originally asking 649 for this instrument. I'd like to get 575 (that's not counting shipping from WV), it's a one of a kind and if you know anything about Chad's instruments they are literally some of the best you can get. PM me if you're interested.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Chad Butler Didj FS!
PostPosted: 23.10.2012, 18:46 

Forgot to mention that shipping will be around 60 to 75 depending on where you are at, I'll cover the insurance costs

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 27.10.2012, 19:48 

Willing to entertain offers just no trades

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 02.11.2012, 12:38 

still willing to hear offers

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 05.11.2012, 17:58 

Hey Dan,

The didj scene is pretty quiet these days, hence the reason for the lack of response! Also, most of the users of this forum are really into traditional instruments. Nothing against Chad and his work (I know him), but that also might be a contributing factor.

Good luck selling your stick. I reckon you'll have better luck Stateside - contact Barry at LA Outback for resale possibilities.

Kyle