THE SERIOUS STICKS DIDJERIDU FORUM

WELCOME !
It is currently 21.11.2018, 11:49

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Manany Yidakia and Old Mago
PostPosted: 22.09.2008, 11:25 

Hopefuly last time I'll be selling any of my sticks, but here are a few trad sticks I've just put on eBay for anyone who's interested.

Thanks, Kev

Beautiful Manany Gurruwiwi yidaki F
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0262243058

Port Keats Mago E
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0262244562

Bob Burrawal clapsticks
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0262247255

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Manany Yidakia and Old Mago
PostPosted: 05.10.2008, 00:14 

Is the bidding on the Port Keats mago finished? I see the winning bid listed as 52 Pounds UK, around $100 USD + or - a few dollars. I think this is a real bargain! I'm about to put several sticks online for sale and, based on what yours are selling for, I guess I will have to aim for a lower asking price if I want to sell.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 05.10.2008, 14:17 

Unfortunately you'll more than likely get poor prices on ebay as you've witnessed. the only reason I put mine on there was in desperation for some money, I'd already tried selling privately and at a few events.

Good luck with your sales, may be you get a better price, that's the mystery of Ebay.

Kev

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 05.10.2008, 17:52 

JMHO Longdog, but I think just about anyone on this board would have bought it if they had known they only had to give $100 USD, me included :) . Let's hope this whole economy slump is not going to affect the didj market! Stay tuned to the Fleamarket and you'll get to see how low I end up going... I too am having $$ issues right now :blackeye: and I will be forced to unload a few Gurruwiwi family sticks for a fraction of their retail price. Oh well, someone's going to come out ahead, and hopefully they'll go to a good home.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 05.10.2008, 18:12 

SpookyHollowSticks wrote:
JMHO Longdog, but I think just about anyone on this board would have bought it if they had known they only had to give $100 USD, me included :) .

Yeh well there was no intention of it being sold for that but that's life, some times it sucks eh? If I'd put a high reserve on it wouldn't have sold on that day anyway. The reason I removed my Manany stick from the auction was I could see it was going to so for next to nothing, and not being keen to sell it anyway I decide to withdraw.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 06.10.2008, 00:16 

[quote I could see it was going to so for next to nothing, and not being keen to sell it anyway I decide to withdraw.[/quote]

Hi

What happens if you withdraw an item? do you get a bad/ negative feedback or marker against your account?? I actually did put acouple of bids in for the port keats but was out when the auction came to a close so wasn't able to increase my bid, Damn!!!!

All the best Paul

Paul (ozmadman)
http://www.youtube.com/ozmadman

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 06.10.2008, 08:27 

If no one has bid on the item when you withdrawn you don't get any black marks. If people have bid then you probably will, but I don't now if the bidders have to object to the withdrawl. I think there is a time limit to, something like you can't withdraw within 24hours of the end time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 06.10.2008, 16:50 

From eBay (http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_ear ... quirements)

Requirements
Your ability to end a listing early depends on the amount of time remaining in the listing and whether the listing has received any bids.

If there are 12 hours or more before the end of the listing, you can end the listing early without restrictions. If there are any bids on your item when you end the listing, you’ll be asked whether you want to cancel the bids or sell the item to the high bidder.

If there are 12 hours or less before the end of the listing, your ability to end the listing early depends on whether there are any bids on the item and whether the item has a reserve price.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 07.10.2008, 21:58 

I've sold many Items on TradeMe .http://www.trademe.co.nz/category_index.htm,the New Zealand equivalent of Ebay.... I've often stipulated ,in the auction:- ......."as the particular item is listed elsewhere I reserve the right to withdraw this auction, providing the Item has not reached reserve,in which case it will be sold to the highest bidder". I've never been challenged by TradeMe when I did withdraw. ...It's just a thought but it does give you an out,If things aren't going well or if you simply change your mind.

Barry

Profile E-mail