THE SERIOUS STICKS DIDJERIDU FORUM

WELCOME !
It is currently 13.11.2018, 04:29

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: NOW THEY THINK I AM MAD
PostPosted: 21.02.2012, 21:50 

hi all
had my didge now a week , had a large bore didge for a while , could not play for a toffee , now few weeks back met a didge player and he kindly said that i might have problems with the large bore , yep he hit the nail on the head .
so went out and bought a f didge .
wow now suddenly i can get a good drone out within seconds . week on now mastered the circular breathing in a more or less fashion , 1 hour a day practice blowing out and breathing in same time , yep cracked it a treat . tried all the water and straw ideas and just made a right mess even with a tall glass and not much water . you tube has been a great help and will continue to learn all the time .
today i am stocked as i tried the large bore and not can get good drones out already . the circular breathing is much harder to do with it.
the poor household now thinks i have fell off the trolley for sure . i gave them all ear plugs , no smiles .
today i thought i would go to a small tunnel near home and try it out . sound ed so good against the walls , some passer by's gave me 3 uk quids , i thought that was great , it was a very odd place to play , hardly any people going by , after all , did not want anyone i knew to see me making a fool out one self ..
anyway this is my first post and did not want to join till i could play a note. so hopefully i will get much better in the next few weeks .
2 hours a day should speed thing up a little .
great site by the way . all this sort or thing was not around 15 year back so now am in my element for knowledge .
RACKETMAN .. :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: NOW THEY THINK I AM MAD
PostPosted: 23.02.2012, 10:48 

Hi Racketman

welcome to the forum. Great to hear that it's working well for you with the new instrument. It's a bit odd that most people that are new to the didj seem to prefer low didjs with big volume - the low backpressure that usually comes with it makes it quite challenging especially since beginners would like nothing more than master circular breathing asap - it would work much better and faster with tighter instruments in E or F or so

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: NOW THEY THINK I AM MAD
PostPosted: 26.02.2012, 11:08 

hi seriouschris
yes trying to play the wide bore is very hard at moment ,yet try very hard ,the f didge is much better, been on the you tube and learned a lot from others, the circular breathing is coming on leaps and bounds , cannot play today as lips are red and sore from to much practice. i will get there quickly for sure . even taken a didge to work with me now to use when its quiet , NOT NO MORE. found a cd in the house i bought around 1995 ,les aborigenes. with the didge player david blanasi. fantastic . i am really enjoying playing this woodwind didge. can already play a drum kit and djembe for many years . for the circular breathing i have practiced so much my cheeks ached for days . i have just looked at the cds for sale on the site and will buy some soon , great tracks to learn .i would like to learn a lot of original tunes.
so today will just have to watch others on the net with my sore face , ha . racketman :)

Profile E-mail