THE SERIOUS STICKS DIDJERIDU FORUM

WELCOME !
It is currently 13.11.2018, 04:31

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: First post...
PostPosted: 31.07.2010, 19:50 

Just signed up, looks like an interesting forum. I am, I supposed an advanced beginner, and I'm looking for basic techniques to broaden my repertoire. First bought a didge about 6 years ago and once I had learned circular breathing, I put my didges in a corner and forgot about them until this summer. Then I dusted them off and started in again. This time I improved my circular breathing to the point I can do it comfortable for 4 or 5 minutes, and I improved some basic rhythms and sounds. It's a lot less work and a lot more fun.

This week I bought two of the 5 instructional disks in the Playing the Didgereidoo set; hopefully that will help. I'm also poking around in this forum for instructional information. Wish there were a few other didge players in Southern Missouri. The St Louis website appears to have shut down.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: First post...
PostPosted: 31.07.2010, 20:04 

Welcome aboard Arcadian. It's been quiet on here of late with it being the summer season and all, but there are plenty of knowledgeable folk on here who will be willing to help you out along the way. Feel free to post some clips of your playing if you want some direct feedback.

You'll note that most of us tend to have a keen interest in the traditional playing styles, but most of us are experienced contemporary players (or were) and have a good understanding of most techniques so I'm sure your queries will be dealt with easily.

I look forward to chatting further.

Kyle