WELCOME !
It is currently 19.11.2018, 09:07

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09.04.2007, 20:03 

Sent you a private message in the forum about the website

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28.02.2008, 23:21 

I am sorry, but I just found this thread and I am so shocked.

I remember his first CD. Piano and Didgeridoo which I liked a lot.

I never met him though and My thoughts are with all that new him.

Simon

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

Post subject: Re: In Memoriam - Shozo Kimlee
PostPosted: 05.11.2008, 03:03 

I went to see Kangaroo Moon playing recently and David (the bouzouki/guitar player) told me the bad news. I felt saddened to hear this as he was very much part of my origins as a player for over 16 years.
Rest in peace Shozo, I'll never forget you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 14.12.2013, 10:24 

I was just searching about Shozo on the internet as I was fortunate to have lessons with him back in 2004/ 2005 when I was learning the Yidaki style of playing and moving away from the European style! Shozo had a very strict teaching method but it was a fulfilling and challenging experience and he was certainly an interesting character during the many hours I spent time with him in his flat. I am shocked to hear that he has passed away, and I hope his soul is resting in peace.

I still have my teaching notes which Shozo put together for me, along with a Yidaki didg which I acquired from him, one from many of his collection from Arnhem Land that he had. It was an amazing experience, one to certainly treasure and sadly never to be repeated...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 08.05.2014, 05:54 

SeriousJohn wrote:
It was a bit strange for me when I spent a month with Djamana. He was playing with his traditional band on the stage in our hotel's big patio twice every week. Most of time all he did offstage was sleep, even in the middle of the afternoon, otherwise he always had a drink in one hand and a e cigarette in the other. And most of the time I stayed with him, night and day. I hoped I could learn something about how to play from him, but he never played or talked about yidaki when he was offstage. He looked very satisfied and happy with everything he got in his life. Actually, he didn't have so much apart from a big collection of Japanese rice-wine which he had got as a gift from some Japanese businessmen when he played for them. His one and only yidaki had lots of big cracks. His only income was the small fee he got twice a week for his gig. All his income went on drink and cigarettes.

I love music but what is this type. I am not familiar with this instrument. I think I need some tutorial.

Profile E-mail