THE SERIOUS STICKS DIDJERIDU FORUM

WELCOME !
It is currently 19.11.2018, 00:31

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Milliput VS. Epoxy Putty/Mouthpiece
PostPosted: 23.03.2006, 16:25 

Here in the US, lots of didges are fitted with epoxy putty mouthpieces instead of wax. I prefer that also. However, in Europe, I see more mention of using Milliput which is a brand of epoxy putty. I have read that Milliput is non-toxic.

1. Does anyone know if most US brands of epoxy putty have any toxic issues after it fully cures?

2. Has anyone used both epoxy putty AND Milliput to give an opinion of how each is to work with and play (as a mouthpiece on a didge).

3. Does Milliput get as hard as other epoxy putties?

Thanks!
Allan

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23.03.2006, 16:54 

hi there

I have a didge with a milliputt epoxy mouthpeice and i still have my lips ! I found that on Loretta web site have a look ! It is very easy to do and its very hard when it dry ,its also very soft otherwise Loretta would'nt have never use it :) Have a look on Loretta website you find all the info about it .
I ordered the Milliput super fine white on the net and it was in the USA.

GGW

Last edited by Ghost of GW on 23.03.2006, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23.03.2006, 17:38 

The URL is http://www.didgethings.co.uk/techinique ... pieces.htm in that it doesn't have a full stop at the end.

And why would you want to use any other epoxy? I don't know. Milliput is the mutt's nutts, there isn't anything better. There seems to be a thing with Americans and an absolute refusal to use Milliput and to always insist on finding some other brand of epoxy instead. Perhaps you could explain why this is Allan? You're not the first American to do this by a long way.

As for toxicity, i have used Milliput as a temporary filling in a wisdom tooth. My dentist was well impressed with it.

Take it or leave it, just don't moan when you're lips peal off.

didgethings . . . . Myspace . . . . Youtube

Last edited by Loretta on 23.03.2006, 18:55, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23.03.2006, 17:49 

Quote:
Perhaps you could explain why this is Jason? You're not the first American to do this by a long way.

Huh?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23.03.2006, 18:40 

Sorry, Jason, i've corrected that.

I'd been reading one of your other posts before writing the reply above.

:oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23.03.2006, 19:44 

Well, I guess, since "Milliput is the mutt's nutts" I thought I'd see if something else smelled better!!! :shock:

No, really, it's just about availability and colors. I can go to most home improvement stores near me and choose from 5 or more colors without messing around adding powder or liquid pigments http://www.milliput.com/cgi-bin/yabb/Ya ... 1106750000

The Milliput I've only seen offered in Europe. I'm sure I could order it somewhere in the US.

The botom line is that I just want see if Milliput is better. If it is, I would not mind ordering some and even playing with adding some color.

Thanks,
Allan

Post subject: Beeswax
PostPosted: 23.03.2006, 23:06 

I still prefer beeswax. I've played sticks without any added mouthpiece, and one or two with epoxy, but just like beeswax. Sure, it changes, it can melt if left in the car and is messy to make, but I just like the way it feels. Something just natural about it, and more comfortable for me than plain wood. I actually like to muck with it a bit, adjusting it here and there even while playing it to get just the right fit for my lips (and beard). Plus I like to feel the connection to the bees, also known for their droning and buzzing...sometimes you can even hear them inside the didg as you drone :-)

Robert

Post subject: Re: Beeswax
PostPosted: 23.03.2006, 23:25 

rawfoodguy wrote:
I've played sticks without any added mouthpiece, and one or two with epoxy, but just like beeswax.

But have you tried Milliput?

Post subject: Re: Beeswax
PostPosted: 25.03.2006, 06:19 

Loretta wrote:
rawfoodguy wrote:
I've played sticks without any added mouthpiece, and one or two with epoxy, but just like beeswax.

But have you tried Milliput?

Well, I must admit to never having tried Milliput. Of course, I am not sure I want to try it, since I don't really know you well enough yet :-)

Just kidding. I lean towards being as natural & organic as I can in all things. But of course, there are always exceptions. I did make an exceptional PVC didg once...so anything is possible.

RawFoodGuy

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25.03.2006, 10:46 

Do you eat raw meat?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25.03.2006, 13:56 

Good Question Loretta :-)

THere is a school of raw food nutrition that believes that raw protein is important and in fact does eat raw organically-raised eggs and meat. Personally, when with a friend who was eating a raw, organic free range chicken I found it yucky, However, I do occasionally enjoy sashimi. Go figure.

Most raw foodists are vegan and do not use any animal products. In my heart, I prefer to be vegan but it is always best to be in touch with your body's needs and let that guide you. When raw for a long enough period you can eat intuitively without being confused by old habits and food addictions, and learn to listen to your body.

Regasrds,
RFG

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25.03.2006, 17:52 

I'm usually a vegan, but as the mainstay of my diet is wheat, rice and lentils, cooking is the usual thing.

About the only thing i eat raw is fruit, especially my raspberries and blackberries, but i also tend to cook a fair bit of it. A raw apple is nice, but a bramley's poached in orange juice and honey is just exquisite in my opinion.

And beeswax isn't vegan, it's an animal product. Milliput is vegan though. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25.03.2006, 18:04 

Loretta wrote:
And beeswax isn't vegan, it's an animal product. Milliput is vegan though. :D

Hmmm...I can see you are going to be a challenge :-)
A good one though!

Yes, didn't think of that...but it is natural, and possibly organic.

Ok, I promise to try Milliput next time I need a mouthpiece. I should keep an open mind.

RFG

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25.03.2006, 20:15 

rawfoodguy wrote:
Ok, I promise to try Milliput next time I need a mouthpiece. I should keep an open mind.

That's the spirit! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25.03.2006, 21:39 

You ever thought of being a world sales rep for Milliput Loretta? The combination of unwavering belief in their product and your devastating charm could put Milliput where it deserves to be in the global market.