THE SERIOUS STICKS DIDJERIDU FORUM

WELCOME !
It is currently 19.11.2018, 07:44

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 03.09.2006, 02:37 

:lol: :lol: :lol: you guys crack me up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04.09.2006, 09:35 
SeriousJohn wrote:
I have a terrible admission to make. It may be me who was responsible for bringing the Hang to the UK. I borrowed one off my mate a few years back and brought it over to show a few people...

For me it was 3ple D at last years Didje fest, they had one on stage and it blew me away.

I am surprised at you Stan... very surprised! the Hang is a beautiful instrment in any Key, Pentatonic works well for me and I think you're wrong with it being boring.

Have you listened to some of the music on the Hang-music.com website?? have a listen I think you'll like it.

Kelly

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04.09.2006, 10:23 

Kelly wrote:
Have you listened to some of the music on the Hang-music.com website?? have a listen I think you'll like it.

Kelly you're misreading what i'm saying.

Like any musical instrument the hang can sound nice if it is played by someone who knows what they're doing with it. My bitch is that i don't want to hear it being played all day long - especially by people who can't play it. And i feel this way about any instrument.

didgethings . . . . Myspace . . . . Youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04.09.2006, 13:57 
So Didje fest must be a real nightmare for you then Stan to sit and have to listen to all those people learning to play Didje.... how do you cope with that?? :o

I'll admit that it can be an annoyance at times, having to listen to anyone first learning to play an instrument and not listening to what you are teaching them, when all you want to do is teach them and get them up to a better standard as quickly as possible but you have to be tolerant of it because lets face it we were all there once before. Some may hide away in their houses/flats/bungalows/ caravans or where ever and only finally emerge once they have learnt how to play an instrument but for me and a few others, the only time we get a chance of getting togther and learning from each other is at festi's.... where you happen to be as well.

So would you prefer that I leave my Hang at home and never get to grips with learning how to play it as well as my didje because lets face it I am still learning that, so maybe my Didje playing annoys you as well... or do I carry on bringing it to Fests, play it, learn from others as well as letting those that want to play it have a go and thus furthering mine & their knowledge of musical instruments and their chance to play something that they might not get to have a go on at any other time!

I am not a very good drummer, so I am learning that as well at the moment, which will hopefully further my Hang playing as well as my Didje playing... the drum is too noisy to play at home so that too will be with me at fests... should I not play that either because I am a beginner and can only make mistakes at this early time...??

It's Anoraks at dawn now... I'll wear mine with pride!

Kelly :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04.09.2006, 17:00 

Kelly

I've nothing against people learning to play an instrument and i even enjoy listening to people learning and practising - when they’re learning and practising properly. However, having a queue of people continuously beating a hang to death all day long at a didge festival has nothing to do with learning or practising.

If you want to start a thread about learning and practising then go ahead, i’ll happily join in. Just don’t try and confuse what i'm saying on this thread with suggestions that i’m moaning about your dented woks and their over use at another instrument’s festivals because i dislike beginners practising and learning.

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04.09.2006, 17:23 
Over dented woks!!!! they're dustmin lids i'll have you know and it took me ages to beat them notes in.

Call yourself a musician and you don't even know the difference between a Wok and a dustbin lid... remind me never to come round yours for a chinese! :D

Alright point taken and yes there was a cue of people waiting to have a go... but I did my bit for Hang sales... everyone wants one! I should be on commission.

It's people like Rob that do them justice though... you should have seen Richie playing it a Beautiful days.... you wouldn't have been moaning then, that guy can pick up dog sh!t and make it sing!

You going to Devon at the end of Sept for this little Didje gathering... indoor swimming pool and 27 acres!

Kelly

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04.09.2006, 17:56 

Kelly wrote:
It's people like Rob that do them justice though...

Kelly

:oops: Cheers dude........(if your meaning me hehehehe)

Have a go next time stan you will Lurve it I promise.......

Everyone should have one....should I say it? I think it chills me out playing a Hang more than my didge.............. :shock:

Kelly wrote:

You going to Devon at the end of Sept for this little Didje gathering... indoor swimming pool and 27 acres!

Kelly

Ohhhhhwwww A swimming pool :x I'm Going to have to get some time off Rehearsing for this .....................

rob

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04.09.2006, 18:26 

Kelly wrote:

I am.

I won't be in the swimming pool though, especially if your rugrat's gonna be weeing in it. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04.09.2006, 18:35 

Rob, i've had a go of two and....

.....i've no wish to own one. If i wanted an instrument to play in that sort of manner i would buy a good traditional xylophone instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04.09.2006, 19:36 

Loretta wrote:
Rob, i've had a go of two and....

.....i've no wish to own one. If i wanted an instrument to play in that sort of manner i would buy a good traditional xylophone instead.

there awesome too ........... and I suppose you aint got to travel to switzerland to get it either :D But hey soon someone will copy the idea of the hang.... :wink:

rob

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04.09.2006, 19:57 

I would pay to see Richie make dog shit sing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06.09.2006, 20:57 

kdidj wrote:
I would pay to see Richie make dog shit sing.

LMAO :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: How some people see us
PostPosted: 23.01.2012, 17:38 

I just read this whole thread again and some of it really cracked me up. I miss conversations like this.

Bring back the old bunch and let's do this again!

Kyle

PostPosted: 24.01.2012, 21:48 

Yup, good times these were...I guess all the people have gone facebook now. I read through some ancient posts myself the other day and facebook and Co just don't cut it!

Hell, I even miss Stockie with his ramblings...there, I said it. Time for a renaissance, I'd say

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 24.01.2012, 21:54 

Hell yeah, read through parts of it as well and I must say....Epic! :notworthy:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next