THE SERIOUS STICKS DIDJERIDU FORUM

WELCOME !
It is currently 17.11.2018, 17:01

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: I'm back
PostPosted: 15.01.2016, 02:13 

Hi
Not been on here for 5 years and I think it is about time I got back in the loop. After finding time to do some practise today I was looking for some help on technique, basically how to improve the quality of my Dhirrls so I can get that nice rolling sound particularly whilst playing fast, missing in many trad players (including many Yolngu players) but very evident in players Like Larry Gurruwiwi and Nelson Dhapan). This forum was on my search and here I am again. But this is strange... my last visit was the 15/01/2011 and today is 15/01/2016 so 5 years to the day!!! weird or what?? Anyway, looking forward to what's been going on and catching up

Paul

Paul (ozmadman)
http://www.youtube.com/ozmadman

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I'm back
PostPosted: 15.01.2016, 10:15 

Hi Paul

Welcome back! It's pretty quite here these days, so all contributions are very welcome!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I'm back
PostPosted: 15.01.2016, 11:17 

Hi Chris

Yes, after having a look around I noticed that there aren't too many recent posts. I used to be on this forum and Guan's @ ididj but he folded his years ago even though he still runs his site so I think that is when I stopped visiting forums. I have still been practising though, not as much as I would really like to as other responsibilities and interests keep surfacing, so hopefully I can post a few things on here maybe to generate some interest. Has this "slowdown" had the same effect regarding sales of instruments as well? anyway, off to work now. Will look in everyday to see what's new

Paul

Paul (ozmadman)
http://www.youtube.com/ozmadman

Profile E-mail