THE SERIOUS STICKS DIDJERIDU FORUM

WELCOME !
It is currently 17.11.2018, 16:57

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: 11.11.2015, 03:03 

Wow , I haven't logged in here for yonks. But I still remembered my random password , its a miracle.
Hello anyone still out there , kyle ? Dan ? Are you still didjin .
The yidaki world seems a quiet place these days , makes me think back 7 -10 years back was a golden yidaki era then .
I must dust off my old sticks sometime , lying sadly unplayed .
Hope everyone's well , Cheers .

Post subject: Re: wow
PostPosted: 11.11.2015, 17:54 

Still here, dude.

We just had a Trad Didj Weekend meet a few days ago in Oxfordshire. Me, Christian, Simon (from Newcastle), Jono, another Simon and, believe it or not, Didgeridoo Pete!

Kyle

PostPosted: 12.11.2015, 13:45 

Hi Julian

welcome back! It certainly is a much quieter place these days. Facebook and sorts have derailed a lot of attention from the forum but I have the impression (but maybe it's just wishful thinking) that people are getting bored by the ephemerality and shallowness of these formats

Cheers
Christian

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 12.11.2015, 17:40 

Well call me a Freak , but I've never been on Facebook . I'd better see a doctor .

PostPosted: 12.11.2015, 21:58 

Hi folks,

Well, I couldn't make it to the didge weekend, but I am still here. Juhu, I am glad to see you're alive. Good news man!

FB has mildly ruined the scene if I am honest :) I used to like coming here and reading what everyone had written. FB has made the mixture too much "modern" and not a whole lot of trad. I think there will be a didge renaissance (I spelled that right!) in 2016.... On that particular one, I am off to Oz for 15 days in February. As you can all imagine, I am very excited. I have some plans to revitalize the scene a bit. I am going to make some noise on FB (hahah, how ironic) and see if I can raise a few people for a didge club. I am going to get in touch ENIAR again and so on. It'll be ten years since my last trip to Australia, and I feel that reconnecting with it will help me. Well that's what I hope anyway.

Without waxing nostalgic too much, I miss the place, and the Internet as it was 2005. Content mattered so much then, more than now, I feel.

Dan

PostPosted: 12.11.2015, 22:58 

Hi Dan , good to hear from you mate . Where about in Oz are you going ? Sounds like a good idea to get away from winter .
Bring on the Trad renaissance my old son . Ahhh Dan , remember the great day at the Djalu workshop at Colins . Those were the days .

PostPosted: 23.11.2015, 07:47 

... I found myself wanting to click "like" on several of the posts above, so, yes, I am definitely infested by facebook.
But I am hoping for a renaissance too so I am starting to check in here now and then ... :)
Cheers, Anse

PostPosted: 23.11.2015, 17:15 

Well I guess we have to make the renaissance happen , it won't happen by itself .
As far as the forum is concerned I suppose the reason for decline is maybe we have asked all the questions already ?
But maybe to kick things of again , we could do something like posting some sound clip of a trad inspired rhythm and then other people try the same rhythm and and post their version and we could contrast and compare ? Would give us something to discuss .
Nowadays I suppose it would be more about the playing than buying and collecting more sticks , as they don't seem to be to readily available , which is probably better for your bank balance .
I think that's also why things have slowed down , as for people new to didge playing
Its not so easy to find a good didge , or a workshop going on these days .

PostPosted: 15.01.2016, 17:40 

Here goes then, found a file of mine from 2012 where I was trying to copy part of a clip by Mikey Gurruwiwi and this was the result. The first sound you hear is obviously Mikey

Attachments:
mikey 2 to guan.mp3 [495.57 KiB]
Downloaded 112 times

Paul (ozmadman)
http://www.youtube.com/ozmadman
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 12.03.2016, 12:47 

juhu wrote:
Hi Dan , good to hear from you mate . Where about in Oz are you going ? Sounds like a good idea to get away from winter .
Bring on the Trad renaissance my old son . Ahhh Dan , remember the great day at the Djalu workshop at Colins . Those were the days .

Natalie Turner
Hello mate.

I was in Darwin, Melbourne and Sydney. I am playing more and plan on doing the gathering this year as well. Things are changing in Oz. There is a lot about it all over Facebook if you can find things. There are many groups of indigenous people who are working towards a goal of improvements for indigenous people. I haven't completely understood what that means yet, but it'll pay for me to find out more in the long run.
Redfern has changed, the block is cordoned off, Darwin got bigger (taller)....

Of course I remember the day with Djalu! Unforgettable!

Dan