THE SERIOUS STICKS DIDJERIDU FORUM

WELCOME !
It is currently 19.11.2018, 09:06

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Irish sticks
PostPosted: 29.12.2013, 17:02 

Hi all , hope everyone had a good Xmas . Hi John , good to see a few new yidaki on the market . I remember the days when all sorts of amazing sticks would appear for sale all the time . Are your irish sticks new from Aus or sticks you've had some time ?, it made me wonder if you could still get sticks out of Arnhem land these days as you never see anything online . Anyway hope Ireland is treating you well , any didge players over there?
Makes me wish I kept some of my sticks I sold over the years , but just kept my fav 2 - a Larry Eb and a Dapne Banyawara mago , both sadly underplayed lately .
Well that's my first post in a long long time , will have to keep checking in . Happy new year all , Cheers , Julian .
P.S Any sight or sound of Mr B. Love ? sent him xmas greetings but never heard from the old boy.

Post subject: Re: Irish sticks
PostPosted: 30.12.2013, 21:44 

juhu wrote:
... it made me wonder if you could still get sticks out of Arnhem land these days...

Yirrkala Art Centre won't sell sticks online, but they will sell them to you in person. I've tried buying directly through other art centres (maningrida, groote island, elcho island, etc.) but they don't reliably respond to e-mails, and others just don't seem very interested in selling sticks. The people at Elcho Island takes 4 to 9 months to respond to e-mails.

So... fly to Nhulunbuy and buy some sticks yourself.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 01.01.2014, 18:17 

Hi Julian

Great to hear from you again and Happy New Year to you!
It's still possible to get sticks out of Arnhemland of course and we're still importing them. Attached is our latest import of fine Arnhemland sticks from 2013.
What has changed is the time we've been able to put into the website since life gets in the way regularly with John's move to Ireland and for me with two teenagers to raise, but we still have well over 100 traditional instruments for sale at any time.

John's instruments in Ireland are from Summer 2012, handpicked by me when I visited Katherine, Wugularr, Yirrkala and Dhalinybuy.

Christian

Attachments:
latest import.jpg
latest import.jpg [ 80.64 KiB | Viewed 985 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 01.01.2014, 21:39 

Hi Christian , yeah , happy new year mate . Some nice lookin sticks . I was watching some old video from the last Tapeley ,2008 didgefest , seems like a long time ago now.
Was good watching Kyle and Mantz playing , it,s got my old trad interest up again .

PostPosted: 02.01.2014, 10:18 

Nice selection there, Christian!

Good to hear you've been enthused Julian. I've not found much time to play of late, but am hoping to do so in the near future. I pick up a stick when I can find the time and I've still got the skills - just lost some of the endurance!

Be good to see you at Tapeley this year if you can make it.

Kyle

PostPosted: 04.01.2014, 13:48 

Hi Kyle , yes it would be good to make Tapeley this year and have a good old trad session.
Although I know what u mean about the endurance though , my playing muscles need a bit of a work out.
I wonder if Ant is still making didges ? There must be loads of good storm damaged wood now .