THE SERIOUS STICKS DIDJERIDU FORUM

WELCOME !
It is currently 17.11.2018, 17:00

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Didgeridoo dojo
PostPosted: 25.03.2013, 14:39 

Hey everyone,

There is a new iBook by didgeridoo dojo that is a great resource for any didge player. Many of you may already have mastered all the techniques, however it is a great resource to show family and friends that may be interested in learning.

Short story: I started playing the didge last year while recovering from hip surgery and bed bound for 3 months. I am also a veteran from the war in Iraq, and have struggled with PTSD and other physical issues since 2005. Immediately after beginning to play I recognized the therapeutic effects of the didge ( mental and physical ), and was excited to try and share this info with other vets.

Friday I had a chance to take several of the instruments I have made (not perfect acoustics, but beautiful, fun, and playable), made of agave and yucca, and hardened with epoxy, into I veterans facility. All the veterans struggle with similar difficulties: PTSD, TBI. It was amazing to watch them play instruments I had made, and for 40min-1hr they were tooting away! During the very informal class I presented the iBook videos as a resource, and also left them with the info to find it on their own. This seemed to be a great resource, as Senshi explains the information in an easy to understand format.

I really wanted to thank this forum. While learning, I found so much info in previous posts that I was able to be successful and enjoy the didgeridoo.

Also if you know any vets struggling, pass them a stick!
-Chas

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Didgeridoo dojo
PostPosted: 19.04.2013, 16:46 

[quote="cvbeam"Short story: I started playing the didge last year while recovering from hip surgery and bed bound for 3 months. I am also a veteran from the war in Iraq, and have struggled with PTSD and other physical issues since 2005. Immediately after beginning to play I recognized the therapeutic effects of the didge ( mental and physical ), and was excited to try and share this info with other vets.

-Chas[/quote]

Chas, welcome. I wish you every success with your playing.

Dan

PostPosted: 24.04.2013, 00:53 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 06.01.2014, 05:00 

Thanks for the shout out Chas!

For anyone else reading this you can download a sample copy of the iBook on iTunes to get a feel for what its like. Also a bunch more info over at our website about it at http://www.didgeridoodojo.com/didgeridoo-store/didgeridoo-lessons-ebook/. The book works on all iDevices and will work on Mac machines with the latest Mac OS Mavericks installed.

If you're not on an Apple device there's a bunch of lessons over at the website you can access free of charge to get a feel for what the Dojo is like.

cvbeam wrote:
Hey everyone,

There is a new iBook by didgeridoo dojo that is a great resource for any didge player. Many of you may already have mastered all the techniques, however it is a great resource to show family and friends that may be interested in learning.

Short story: I started playing the didge last year while recovering from hip surgery and bed bound for 3 months. I am also a veteran from the war in Iraq, and have struggled with PTSD and other physical issues since 2005. Immediately after beginning to play I recognized the therapeutic effects of the didge ( mental and physical ), and was excited to try and share this info with other vets.

Friday I had a chance to take several of the instruments I have made (not perfect acoustics, but beautiful, fun, and playable), made of agave and yucca, and hardened with epoxy, into I veterans facility. All the veterans struggle with similar difficulties: PTSD, TBI. It was amazing to watch them play instruments I had made, and for 40min-1hr they were tooting away! During the very informal class I presented the iBook videos as a resource, and also left them with the info to find it on their own. This seemed to be a great resource, as Senshi explains the information in an easy to understand format.

I really wanted to thank this forum. While learning, I found so much info in previous posts that I was able to be successful and enjoy the didgeridoo.

Also if you know any vets struggling, pass them a stick!
-Chas

Profile E-mail