THE SERIOUS STICKS DIDJERIDU FORUM

WELCOME !
It is currently 17.11.2018, 17:01

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: A Newbie
PostPosted: 22.12.2012, 00:24 

Hi I'm geff, I have always loved the sound of these sticks, and recently bought 2 wood sticks, although not from Oz but as a eager learner they will suffice till I finally get the breathing sorted, I'm sure i'll enjoy reading the older posts for some background. :D
I have a couple of interests, my other main one is Parrots, I have 6 of them.
I look forward to getting to know you.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A Newbie
PostPosted: 22.12.2012, 17:56 

Hi Geff, welcome to the Forum. There are quite a few guys from England on the Forum, so I hope you can meet with some of them at one point. That's the best way to boost one's playing.
Most guys on here have a lot of interests as well (if not too many like in my case). What kind of parrots do you keep?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 23.12.2012, 17:39 

Hi seriouschris, yes it would be good to meet up, and I can soak up their Didge knowledge , I generally have the Parrots no one else wants or can cope with, I mainly have Congo African Greys, they are complex characters, but very inteligent, and need a lot of stimulation,and a good diet is important in these, as they have calcium problems, they can gather extreme behavioural problems, that when I end up with them :shock:
But over time can re-adjust them into balanced and inquisitive birds, who suprise and make me smile and chuckle a few times a day.
:lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 29.12.2012, 19:52 

Hey Geff,

I'm Kyle and am in Manchester. There is quite a didj scene here in the UK once you're aware of it! There are several good didgeridoo based festivals on throughout the year (The Gathering at Tapeley Park in North Devon in early May - see http://thenattyshed.co.uk/gathering.htm although the site hasn't been updated to reflect next year's dates; The Singing Sticks Festival in Nothampton - http://www.singingsticks.co.uk in July and The Elementary Didgeridoo Festival in September - http://www.elementarydidgefest.com/ ) I strongly suggest getting to one or more of these if you can.

Quite an investment there with those African Greys - they live for circa 60 years don't they?

Let us know how you come on with your didgeridoos.

Kyle

PostPosted: 03.01.2013, 16:31 

Thank you Kyle, all that info is great, thank you. :D
Yes the Parrots are a long time thing, so you have to be sure that you really want them.
Especially with some who have been exposed to "bad" language, I get insulted and swore at many times a day :lol: :lol: :lol:

My Didge practice goes on daily, so does my collecting them I've got 6 at the moment, and no doubt that will grow even higher :D

Regards
Geoff :)

Profile E-mail