THE SERIOUS STICKS DIDJERIDU FORUM

WELCOME !
It is currently 19.11.2018, 09:04

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: new guy
PostPosted: 09.07.2012, 12:10 

Hi all I am new to this forum so thought I should introduce myself. I learnt to play a while back when the didgeridoo place was going in the UK. Move to Spain tryed to get something going here but no luck. Stoped playing when I was working on the house but have now more time on my hands. Heard some stuff on youtube that has really got me going again. Started to learn traditional stuff so would really like to get back to that again. So any help would be great.
I saw Kyle on here are you the guy that lived in Manchester? If so I know you from Mats old forum. And if Radin is looking in would like to say thanks for the help you were the only guy who ever emailed me back it was a while back so you properly wont remember still thanks.
Mike

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: new guy
PostPosted: 09.07.2012, 12:54 

Hey Mike,

I am that same Kyle. Where in Spain are you? There are a few players that I know of in Spain and Portugal.

Welcome to this forum.

Kyle

PostPosted: 10.07.2012, 15:45 

Hi kyle good to hear from you hows life? I live in Almeria as i said I tryed to get something going here but no go. So I am bit of a lonely voice here. Did teach couple of people to play but that was it. I was in contact with some guy here a while ago but things are not all ways what they seem.
Thanks for the reply.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 10.07.2012, 15:45 

Hi kyle good to hear from you hows life? I live in Almeria as i said I tryed to get something going here but no go. So I am bit of a lonely voice here. Did teach couple of people to play but that was it. I was in contact with some guy here a while ago but things are not all ways what they seem.
Thanks for the reply.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 10.07.2012, 16:14 

Life is good with two kids running around and keeping me busy! Pretty quiet on the didj scene all over these days with a few select events throughout the year.

Just keep playing and putting yourself out there and I reckon you'll bump into some players or generate more interest in your neck of the woods. I'll be down in Spain later in the month although a good few hours south west of you in Tarifa where my family live. I'm looking forward to actually experiencing some summer weather!

Kyle

PostPosted: 11.07.2012, 17:36 

Hi Kyle. Yeah will just have to keep going would be nice to have some didge friends here. Glad live is good for you and you are now a father wow :D The weather here is really hot it got up to 46c last week so bring the sun cream.
We have some helicopters buzzing around here so the may well be a fire nearby.
Mike

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 11.07.2012, 17:36 

Hi Kyle. Yeah will just have to keep going would be nice to have some didge friends here. Glad live is good for you and you are now a father wow :D The weather here is really hot it got up to 46c last week so bring the sun cream.
We have some helicopters buzzing around here so the may well be a fire nearby.
Mike

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 15.07.2012, 13:50 

Hi Dog mate,

I bought my first Yidaki off of Matt back in the day too. You still in the UK? What sort of sticks are you playing now?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 17.07.2012, 16:58 

hi there. Have moved out to Spain. Been here nearly 8 years now can´t believe how quick the time has gone.

Have still got one of Matts sticks also 2 Badikupa Gurruiwii 1Djalu. I got them for Matt they were the first ones he got. One of the Badikupa sticks I could not get a sound out of it for years then a little while ago i picked it up and was able to play it !! So have got my enthusiasm back. And that is why I joined this forum. Just been reading about Jeremy Coake`s C D must get a copy. Been out of the loop since coming here.
Mike

Profile E-mail